The top 10 vehicles featured in movies over the years. Originally planned to be top 10 cars but some of the vehicles that made this list are slightly too mad to even be called a car! And so we are left with a weird and wonderful list of vehicles; some of which fly, time travel and catch ghosts from various different movies. Some even change form into different forms and mad things!
- The Delorean from Back To The Future. Some call it the epitome of movie cars and it instantly springs to mind when thinking about cars from movies. This was the dream car, back when the movie was released in 1985, with its iconic gull-wing doors that set it aside from all other cars at that time.
- The Bat mobile (Tumbler) from Batman Begins and Batman the dark knight. It destroys everything in its path and looks extremely cool doing so. A fitting vehicle for the masked hero we know as Batman
- Ghostbusters car from Ghostbusters 1 and 2 (1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor limo style end loader combination car) Converted from an old ambulance to create the legendary Ghostbuster car that. Whenever we see it often triggers our fond memories of hit movie series and theme tune that always ends up stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Who you gonna call?!
- A flying Ford Anglia– from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The light blue Ford Anglia 105E Deluxe that was modified to be able to fly and become invisible. It could fit eight people, six trunks, two owls, and a rat easily!
- 1959 Triumph Bonneville T120 has also been known as Hagrid’s flying Motorbike (with side car) from the Harry Potter series. The motorbike plays a big, but often forgotten role in the movies as it is what Hagrid first brings Harry to his new home in, on the night that kick starts the phenomenal series.
- Grand Torino from Starsky and Hutch. The more modern version with the great car with distinctive cheery red body and candy white stripe that everybody loves.
- James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5
- 1977 Chevrolet Camaro (known as Bumblebee) from the Transformers movies. The old used car has a personality to it that you can’t help but love it. The car (pre-transformation) is pretty old and worn, but is still pretty legendary!
- Ferrari 250GT from Ferris Buellers Day Off. Such an old movie that so many people still remember, as Beuller does the one thing that we’ve all dreamed of doing during a boring old school day, but never could. The beautiful car just adds to our jealousy, ‘if only I could have it!’ is pretty much what goes through viewers heads as we see the three out having fun!
- 1948 Ford from Grease. Such a memorable video with the iconic 50’s style and the legendary music video that goes with it.
By Sarah (UsedCarsNI.com work experience student)